- Young, gifted and Cumbrian… Alex is the youth and energy behind Cumbrian Adventures.
- Prior to Cumbrian Adventures Alex worked in the event management industry, and brings experience of organising events for as few as 5 guests, up to as many as 10,000.
- A true Jack of all trades, Alex has been instrumental in transforming Cumbrian Adventures into the professionally run slick operation it has become. Alex is the first person you’ll speak to when organizing an event or activity with us, and will also be the last, waving you off at the end of the day.
- Alex uses his extensive knowledge of Cumbria to help our guests arrange visits to attractions in the county, as well as places, to eat and stay.
- When he isn’t arranging and running activities, Alex is either playing Rugby or Cricket for local teams, shooting or trying for the 100th time to break the record on our Zorb football obstacle course.
- Prior to joining Cumbrian Adventures, Ben worked an activities instructor at Centre Parcs in Holland and at a residential activities centre in Dorset.
- Ben is one of our lead activities personnel here at Cumbrian Adventures. He is experienced working with young children in an activities environment, as well as teenagers and adults – and his instructing experience includes canoeing, kayaking, rifle shooting, mountain biking, orienteering, kite-flying, climbing and abseiling.
- Ben also ran a travel business in London, and puts this experience to good use looking after our corporate & team building offerings here at Cumbrian Adventures.
- Ben’s experience with young people also includes volunteering as a mentor for SPEAR – a charity getting 16 to 24 year olds from less well-off backgrounds into employment. He also recently volunteered as a team leader on ‘Project Rough Seas’ – a 3 week walking and sailing expedition in Norway and Sweden with a group of 60 disadvantaged young people.
- In his free time Ben enjoys kitesurfing, fell running and kayaking.
- Grant is the creative genius behind Cumbrian Adventures. A founding member of Cumbrian Adventures, he has been dreaming up wild and wacky and wonderful activities in the Lake District for more than 10 years.
- If you are planning an activity weekend and want something different, something unusual, something memorable,… then Grant is your man. His CV in the world of the unusual includes a human trebuchet, hairspray and grapefruit cannons, the now legendary Cumbrian Olympics, setting up an axe throwing team (fully risk assessed of course), and ‘the birdcage’ our latest hand-eye co-ordination challenge.
- Grant has run a successful logging business, and his expertise with timber has been put to good use all over the Cumbrian Adventures site.
- In his spare time? He has four children under 5 and doesn’t understand the question.